Where vertical panel saws are the best solution.
Matt Pearce, sales co-ordinator at woodworking machinery equipment supplier, T.M. Machinery Sales, says that Vertical Panel Saws (also known as Wall Saws) occupy a specific niche in the market, being by far the most suitable machines for sizing panels in all but the most high production environments.
Here are two very common workshop situations, based on what I have seen, where having a vertical panel saw brings distinct advantages.
1. A low to medium volume production environment. Here operators like to cut all the large panels on a vertical panel saw, with only very small pieces or angle work carried out on a small flat bed or dimension saw
2. A high volume production environment. A beam saw is best for all the large batch work. A vertical panel saw is then used to cut the smaller batches of work that would block up the beam saw and severely decrease its efficiency.
A summary of the main benefits of a vertical panel saw vs a flat bed saw for square panel work:
1. Space saving. It takes up a much smaller footprint.
2. Labour saving. After loading it's then just a one man operation to cut the boards;
3. Accuracy. The operator does not need keep the board square to the fence;
4. Safety. The blade is always covered and cannot be used incorrectly.
5. Reveals. Easily be cut in a board by a vertical panel saw;
6. Cut quality. The optional constant feed speed automatic cut cycle gives superb edges.
A summary of the main benefits of a vertical panel saw over a beam saw for square panel work? They are:
1. Space saving. As above, a much smaller footprint ;
2. Set-up time. A shorter set-up makes them much quicker for cutting
individual or small numbers of panels;
3. Price. A high specification fully automatic panel saw, is cheaper than an entry level beam saw.
We can provide a tailor-made Swiss Striebig Vertical Panel Saws to suit each customer's needs. They are suitable for cutting practically all sheet materials, such as wood-based panels, plaster board, plastics and aluminium panels, and are available with a two-year parts and labour warranty. Please follow this link to see our range of Striebig Vertical Panel Saws.
They are long-lasting and commonly found in operation after more than 25 years use.Their high resale value and the fact that they are the most sought after second-hand vertical panel saws of their type reflects the high quality of the machines.
At T.M. we have over two decades of unrivalled expertise in delivering both a sales and after-sales service. We have a large team of specialist Striebig-trained engineers, offer a next day spare parts delivery from vast UK-based stocks, with spares available for all machines built since 1968.